Join us for a walk along the traditional route to Lindisfarne, the ancient Pilgrim’s Way, where Saints and early Christians walked before us.
Cheviot Hills, Northumberland Walk
Trek to the summit of the highest hill in Northumberland from the bottom of College Valley; it’s big, it’s wide and wonderful, and it’s a challenge, too! The perfect Northumberland National Park walk for those looking to get their blood pumping.
This walk takes us to the summit of the highest point in Northumberland. There’s lots of ascent from the bottom of the College Valley, but you will be rewarded with some great views on the way up and then it’s downhill all the way back to where we started.
Reserve your place on our Cheviot walk online today.
What to Bring
- Walking boots or walking shoes
- Polyester cotton trousers; no denim jeans, please
- A waterproof coat, waterproof trousers, a hat, and gloves; a sunhat such as a baseball cap for sunny days
- One bottle of water per person, 1 to 1.5 litres is recommended
- A picnic lunch and some snacks
Clothing depends on the season. Please contact us for advice!