Join us for a walk along the traditional route to Lindisfarne, the ancient Pilgrim’s Way, where Saints and early Christians walked before us.
Craster and Low Newton Walk
- Adult 18+
- Teenager 12-17
- Child 6-11
- Private Tour Per Person
- Family Ticket 2 adults + 2/3 children under 17
The classic Northumberland Coast walk
Dunstanburgh Castle, a medieval ruin dominates the coast and we take the best approach to get the best views of the castle. This EASY 7-mile (11-kilometre) walk explores this beautiful coast and wanders away from the main paths for the best views of this renowned section of the Northumberland Coast.
Beside the path, wildflowers grow adding colour to the walk. In the Summer there are orchids and the County Flower of Northumberland, the bloody cranesbill bobs brightly in the breeze. We’ll be looking out for kittiwakes, fulmars, razorbills and eider ducks off shore.
At the halfway point, we visit The Ship Inn, a fine pub serving great beer from its own micro-brewery and some very fine crab sandwiches from its restaurant, not to be missed. After that, we head back following a different path along the coast all the way back to Craster, where another pub and perhaps a Craster kipper awaits us.
What to Bring
- Walking boots or walking shoes
- Polyester cotton trousers; no denim jeans, please
- A waterproof coat, waterproof trousers, a hat, and gloves; a sunhat such as a baseball cap for sunny days
- One bottle of water per person, 1 to 1.5 litres is recommended
- A spare jumper or fleece; it’s always nice to have a warm top to put on if needed
- A picnic lunch and some snacks
Clothing depends on the season. Please contact us for advice!