Join us for a walk along the traditional route to Lindisfarne, the ancient Pilgrim’s Way, where Saints and early Christians walked before us.
Discover Eglingham and Bewick Moor on This Walk in Northumberland
Walk about Northumberland’s best-preserved prehistoric landscape, hidden caves, hillforts, cup and ring rock art, and a Bronze Age burial cairn on this Eglingham and Bewick Moor walk.
We follow moorland paths to Blawearie Farm, a deserted and romantic ruin high up on the moor. We visit two prehistoric hill forts, a Bronze Age burial site and see the ancient and mysterious cup and ring marked rocks.
This walk is an excellent way to discover local history and visit beautiful places. Book your Footsteps walk on Prehistoric Bewick Moor, a unique moorland deep in rural Northumberland.
What to Bring
- Walking boots or walking shoes
- Polyester cotton trousers; no denim jeans, please
- A waterproof coat, waterproof trousers, a hat, and gloves; a sunhat such as a baseball cap for sunny days
- One bottle of water per person, 1 to 1.5 litres is recommended
- A picnic lunch and some snacks
Clothing depends on the season. Please contact us for advice!