Join us for a walk along the traditional route to Lindisfarne, the ancient Pilgrim’s Way, where Saints and early Christians walked before us.
Lindisfarne Guided Walking Tour
This guided walk is spent on Lindisfarne when the tide is in and the causeway is closed to traffic. We begin by exploring the village and some of its features, enjoying the views and watching the water fill the harbour as a sense of calm returns to the island; there is a remarkable difference to the feel of the place when the causeway is closed.
We have lunch, probably in a local cafe and then we head out from the village to explore the wilder side of Lindisfarne, to discover some of its secrets and its astonishing history. As the sea retreats and the causeway opens, we say our farewells to Lindisfarne and head back across the causeway to the mainland.
Come see the beauty of the island’s wilder side. Book your Lindisfarne walk online.
What to Bring
- Walking boots or walking shoes
- Polyester cotton trousers; no denim jeans, please
- A waterproof coat, waterproof trousers, a hat, and gloves; a sunhat such as a baseball cap for sunny days
- One bottle of water per person, 1 to 1.5 litres is recommended
- A spare jumper or fleece; it’s always nice to have a warm top to put on if needed
- A picnic lunch and some snacks
- A small rucksack to carry it all in and please put everything inside the rucksack in a plastic bag of some sort; rucksacks are not waterproof
Clothing depends on the season. Please contact us for advice or for larger groups!